The goal is for women and men, girls and boys, in all their diversity, to freely pursue their chosen path in life, have equal opportunities to thrive, and can equally participate in and lead our European society.
The key objectives are
- Ending gender-based violence;
- Challenging gender stereotypes;
- Closing gender gaps in the labour market;
- Achieving equal participation across different sectors of the economy;
- Closing the gender care gap and achieving gender balance in decision-making and in politics.
The Strategy pursues a dual approach of gender mainstreaming combined with targeted actions, and intersectionality.